Springhill

Friday, November 17, 2006

R.F.I.D 16/11/06

Today I went to H.Q.to view the two models for our future self loans and returns.I had a play with the equipment and was amazed at the extent of modern technology.

One set up had the facility to pick up which book had not been scanned,when the borrower went through the security gates.A computer connected to the gates showed which was the offending book.How good is that,imagine a mother with a toddler in tow and a huge bag of picture books having to wait while the whole bag was rescanned;or some embarrassed little old lady standing by nervously,as all her books were re-checked.This set up,would save all that.

I was fascinated with the tagging system,so much information stored on such a small tag.It hardly seems possible.

Perhaps the most amazing aspect of all this to me was the concept of a returns room,where as the books are returned ,they are automatically sorted into various catergories and moved along a conveyor belt to the right storage area.To me it is absolutely incredible that modern technolgy has the ability to do these things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home