Springhill

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Thing No.17 Sandbox

I found wikis very interesting.The concept of a wiki seems far more informal and unstructured than a blog.To me it seems that the disadvantage could be that there is no control over who can access the wiki,and what they can do once they have gained access.

On the other hand I can see great advantages in certain circumstanes.For instance we have formed a Book Club in our street.A wiki could be a great way to communicate,and for people unable to attend a meeting to add their thoughts about a book,and to join in the group discussion,although not actually present.

I had good fun playing around in the sandbox,and after exploring various aspects of favourites on the list,managed to add my blog to the list of favourite blogs.I also set up a listing for Montpelier Book Group.Where this will take me is another exercise waiting to be explored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home